 General / 7788
Re: 6444
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:16:00 GMT

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 05:42:54PM +0000, Frank Filz wrote:
Erin Windross wrote:

I was browsing through my local toystore yesterday, and of course I went to
the Lego section. I looked around, nothing new. But then I noticed something
behind a 6426, a bit of yellow and grey, I quickly took out the 6426, and to
my astonishment, I found 8 yes 8 6444s in a row! It seems to me the last good
town set I bought! Can someone clarify if this was a very popular set?

On sale at $9.99 at KB it was very popular with me (even at $12.99).
I've got close to 20 copies. Lots of nice parts.

I now have 5.  I wanted 1, originally, and someone sold me it, (it arrived
today), but last week, I found a KB with 4 of them for $12.99, and I
couldn't resist.  I'll be keeping a couple for trade/parts, but mean
while.....

The parts spread is nice.  The girder peices are a must for train-buffs,
and I wanted the propeller, because I don't have my old legos here yet
(and I think my props were yellow, from fabuland), and I wanted to build a
snow blower...I have to find some arch peices to fit around it....

The roof peices are nice, but the printing sucks on them, as the 'tiles'
don't line up 100% right on the one I have opened so far.  I want to build
some "california" style housing....

I love the grated/textured 1x2 bricks, too.   Are these supposed to be
australian?  Where is the mad max set?

Ciao!

--
"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk."
--Tuco (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)

The Doctor What: Not that 'who' guy              http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC