 General / 7587
Re: LEGO store in Georgia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 07:08:07 GMT

In searching I found that there is a Lego Land store at the St. Jacobs Factory
Outlet mall in Waterloo, Onterio Canada.  Anybody close to there???  Anyone
been there?

"Kindness given is free,
Kindness recieved is priceless"

In lugnet.general, Remy Evard writes:
thinice@avana.net (James J. Trobaugh) wrote in <FHv0xM.y1@lugnet.com>:

My wife was at a outlet mall near our house today and said she saw
a sign on a store claiming to be a new LEGO store. It was still
underconstruction, but she did conferm that it really was a LEGO
based store.
Has anyone seen one of these stores elsewhere? If
so what kind of stuff do they carry?

jt

I was talking to a Lego rep a couple of weeks ago, and he mentioned
these type stores as a new thing for Lego.  He said there are two
nearly complete - one near Atlanta which must be yours, and I think
the 2nd was in Virginia, although I don't recall for sure.  I also
think he said a 3rd is being planned.

From what he said, and it was pretty vague, these would be different
in flavor from the store at the Mall of America, the store in Florida,
or the stores in Legoland.  More outlet-y.  I don't quite know what
that means for Lego.  I'll ping him to see if he has any further
details.

You'll have to tell us what it's like when it's open.

-r'm