 General / 7586
Re: Images of Death Star from LEGO IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:
Thanks for the pictures- inspiring.

   My pleasure.  (The glare was really horrible.  I was sitting on the floor
trying to shield as much of the bright reflection of the floor, so instead you
get a reflection of my socks. <g>)

   As time permits I'll put up some of the other images (non-SW) that I have.
There are some really great LEGO workmen that were on the roof, and for the
technic lovers a 6' tall sitting technic man playing a technic guitar, a life
size tree house (and tree!!), and some huge scaled up sets hanging from the
ceiling (eg. UFO V-wing, UFO Warp Wing Fighter, helicopter, ghost).

In the far right picture on
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/LIC-DST.htm
are the lasers on the lower wings of the X-wings on the wrong side of the
wing?

   The X-wings are on the far left.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks to me like the bottom wings
lasers are on the top side , therefore the wing(foil) wouldn't be able to • close
properly.

   Yes they are.  Obviously they built them more for show than for accuracy.

   BTW, anybody notice the throw-bot arm in the Death Star trench pictures?

Brian