 General / 7592
Re: LEGO store in Waterloo, ON (was: LEGO store in Georgia)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:00:29 GMT

Hello Jodi,

Jodi Neal <LunaTarlun@Prodigy.Net> wrote in article
<FHvvtJ.I8v@lugnet.com>...
In searching I found that there is a Lego Land store at the St. Jacobs • Factory
Outlet mall in Waterloo, Onterio Canada.  Anybody close to there??? • Anyone
been there?

I've been to this store several times.  It's an outlet-style store called
The Countryside Toy Outlet.  The store is indeed located in the Outlet
mall, just North of Waterloo, just barely south of St. Jacob's.  It's right
across the street from the St. Jacob's Farmer's Market, on a side road off
of highway 86.

It's not run by the LEGO company, although the only thing they sell is
LEGO.  They have three areas:  One is a large display area with models
built (I believe) by the LEGO company builders.  The display has an
Egyptian theme.  The second is a small play area for kids, with lots of
LEGO bricks to try out.  The third is the retail store area, with virtually
all the current line, a few older sets (going back maybe 1 or 2 years).
The prices are slightly below the average Zeller's or WalMart prices.

If you're within an hour's drive (or maybe a bit more) I'd say that this
little store is definitely worth the drive.  They sell a LOT of product at
this store... the times I have been there it's always been quite busy.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm