 General / 7530
Re: New baseplate in 4293?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 05:06:44 GMT

I just found these in my local Wal-Mart for the first time (the shelf
tags were there yesterday, along with tags for other classic buckets and
tubs, but no stock: today the 4293's were there but still not the
others).

Some nice things in here as well as the baseplate, although I think the
baseplate makes it a bit pricey. I bought 3 to part out (yes, 2 of the
baseplates are now on eBay). Other useful stuff includes green plates
(not many, but better than none), yellow plates (mostly larger sizes),
green 1x1x1 with side stud (first time I've seen these in green), white
1x6x1 "tool rack" railing (first time I've seen them in white, and there
are 4 of them), small conifer tree, yellow doors (makes a change from
red and blue), yellow old-fashioned propellor (makes a change), 4 6x6
quarter circle plates (in blue, unfortunately, but wtf), *8* 1x4x1 red
lattice fences, and interesting large-size tires to fit on the usual 2x2
freestyle wheels (as well as normal tires). 4 minifigs (1 Timmy, 1
lipstick babe, 1 bowtie and tophat and 1 race driver) and a transpaarent
slope along with yellow and red medium slopes and red low slopes. Green
2x3 rounded over bricks. Small black space engines. 4x10 and 6x10 blue
plates. White flags for a change. Blue windows (yawn, but there are 6).

The thing I didn't like was all the packaging in separate boxes! Not
only does it produce a lot of waste, it's a PITA if ou're parting it out
<g>.

I'm looking forward to the other classic sets eventually appearing here.

Kevin