 General / 7464
Re: New baseplate in 4293?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:22:14 GMT

Jason Spangler wrote:
The interesting question is - now that that baseplate is available
in another set, and arguably in a nicer shade of green than in the
Poolside Paradisa, is the auction value of Poolside Paradisa going to fall...
(OK I know it was available before in that adventurers set, but tan
is hardly a colour that you could use in towns)

Yeah, I was also thinking about how this is a much better color than the
Poolside set.  This baseplate would fit right in with a normal town layout now,
perhaps even castle.

I don't think this set will have too much effect on the price of 6416
Poolside Paradise for the following reasons:

+ the 4293 baseplate has a dirt driveway, more suitable for a rural area

+ the 6416 baseplate has a blue lined pool, the 4293 baseplate has a
hole in the ground

+ 6416 has both sizes of curved, arched glass

+ 6416 has pink parts, as well as several other nice parts

But 4293 is a nice set. Picked up one at Zany Brainy a couple months
ago, and then ordered 2 more from E-Toys. Might pick up some at K-Mart
with the buy one get one for half price sale.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com