 General / 740
Re: LEGO Dreams (was: Re: I think I'm getting too involved...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:00:15 GMT

Hmmm ... interesting thoughts ... I would probably take two carts to
begin with, however, only fill one and bring it back to the starting line,
then grab another cart, and fill both carts this time, and bring both back ...
hopefully within 5 mins.  Another thing that would help for timing
purposes, would be a tone every 30-sec, and on the first trip with
two carts, determine the amount of time you need to get from the starting
line to the Legos.

-Lee.

Michael Dorneich wrote:

I had a dream a few nights ago. I won a 5-minute shopping spree at
Target. The catch was that I had 5 minutes from the "starting line"
at the front of the store, and I could only keep what I got back
over the line in those five minutes. So do I grab two carts for
one big trip, or try two trips with one cart? The idea was to race
over to the LEGO section (at the farthest corner of the store, of
course), scoop sets off the shelf straight into the cart(s) by just
dumping them off the shelf with my arm like a plow.

Anyway, I tossed and turned trying to decide if I should try
for one trip with two carts, or two trips with one cart.

And I woke up the next morning with a fever...

-michael
Michael Dorneich        Human-Computer Cooperative Problem Solving Lab
mcpd@uiuc.edu            Dept of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
                          University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign
Everything has Priority    WWW: http://tortie.me.uiuc.edu/~dorneich/