 General / 6972
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:04:42 GMT

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:51:45 GMT, Steve Bliss uttered the following
profundities...

Right now, gas prices are sucking in MI--they're hanging around $1.25/gal
for 87 octane (that's 'bout 0.33USD/liter for the cheap stuff, if anyone
cares).

<rant at no one in particular>
Oh how criminal. The shame of it. Oh how you yanks are ripped-off in so
many ways. Stop your pathetic whining over what are pathetically cheap
goods and rejoice in the good things that you have and give the rest
of us a break!

It is really shocking how Americans do nothing but complain about their
ridiculously cheap prices, not realising that:
1.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do.
2.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do, probably
to subsidise the ridiculously cheap prices that you complain
about being too expensive.
</rant at no one in particular>

As it is well known, I usually post to provoke, not necessarily
having the relevant info to back it up.
However.......