 General / 6987
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Dee writes:
On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:51:45 GMT, Steve Bliss uttered the following
profundities...

Right now, gas prices are sucking in MI--they're hanging around $1.25/gal
for 87 octane (that's 'bout 0.33USD/liter for the cheap stuff, if anyone
cares).

<rant at no one in particular>
Oh how criminal. The shame of it. Oh how you yanks are ripped-off in so
many ways. Stop your pathetic whining over what are pathetically cheap
goods and rejoice in the good things that you have and give the rest
of us a break!

It is really shocking how Americans do nothing but complain about their
ridiculously cheap prices, not realising that:
1.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do.
2.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do, probably
to subsidise the ridiculously cheap prices that you complain
about being too expensive.
</rant at no one in particular>

As it is well known, I usually post to provoke, not necessarily
having the relevant info to back it up.
However.......

hehe

I must admit I started this whole gas price thing, but what was snipped in the
process was how expensive European gas is.

I am glad that I don't have to pay taxes on petroleum products like Europe
does cuz that would deflate my Lego budget by skads!

-Tom McD.
when replying, $%&#@ the spamcake.