 General / 6747
Re: L.A. Times article on Legoland 'masters'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:59:33 GMT

John Kelly wrote:

She had contacted me about salary range but I was worried about getting someone
in trouble.  If you're really interested I can tell you what the model builders
in Enfield made before they closed the shop last month.  I started at
$7.50/hour and advanced to $9.03/hour in what they told me were two of the
biggest raises ever given (at that time) to a model builder.  (In other words,
keep you day job.)

-john

In lugnet.general, Steve Chuck writes:
In Monday's Los Angeles Times, they had a work and career section
describing some out of the ordinary careers.  How about being one of those • Lego
builders?  Now about the salary...

http://www.latimes.com/HOME/BUSINESS/WORK/t000073102.html

Enjoy

From what I remember reading, of the 35 model builders in Enfield, all but 9 got
dismissed with this years downsizing.  Can you imagine being a model builder for 20
years, and suddenly have to go out and get a real job?  What else are you qualified
to do?

Too bad TLG doesn't freelance.  I'd almost do it for free (if they provided me with
the bricks to build models with).  But I couldn't bring myself to glue them
together.

Gary Istok