 General / 6746
6745  |  6747
Subject:
new pneumatic cylinders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:55:47 GMT

I built the 8448 last week.  Clever set, fun to build.

Last night I picked it up, and the gull-wing doors wouldn't open.  Turns out
the new 'pneumatic'/'hydraulic' cylinders were both broken, the springs had
pushed down into the cylinders.  Apparently, having them compressed for long
periods of time is more stress than they can take, because now they're
broken...

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm going to send them back to Consumer
Affairs today for replacement.

John
  (yes, remove the ".nospam" to reply...)