 General / 6444
  Posting Twice!!!

OK -- now does anyone have any idea why all my posts go up twice (probably like this one)? F (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

My first question is are you posting via your internet browser or a news reader? If you are posting via your internet browser make sure you single click the submit button don't double click it. If you are using a news reader I have no Idea. I don't (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

<snip> I'm using IE5, and I'm only clicking once. I get a 500 error (internal server) when I submit ... but it doesn't happen when I reply to messages, only when I start a new thread. I'm just worried that people will think I'm some idiot who can't (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) properly. (...) I use IE5 to post through the web interface. I do not get this error you are reporting. I also use Outlook (not Express) to receive group messages to which I have subscribed to receive via email. I can just send a new post (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) Fraser, I'm not sure yet exactly what's going on, but I'm sure it will certainly turn out to be Yet Another Horrible Bug in MS Look Out! -- because Microsoft products, as a general rule, suck and are evil. It's said that the day Microsoft (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

Actually, it's also happening when I reply to messages. I'll install a new browser, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm sitting behind a big fat firewall that like to chew most things that come its way. From the the next (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) As long as you're subscribed-by-email, and the message you're replying to came in through the e-mail subscription, you can do a reply-to-group thingy. Steve (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) Hmm, it's possible, but that still shouldn't result in the server giving a 500-error. (In a perfect world, a webserver should never give a 500-error, no matter what the input.) BTW, your message (the one I'm replying to) seems to have come (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)