 General / 6242
Re: LEGO Books from DK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:04:12 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

_The Ultimate LEGO Book_ ISBN:0-7894-4691-X
This one looks amazing!  Except for the Rock Raiders shown front-and-center
on the cover.  But the rest of it looks great.  I'm sure it will make a
wonderful companion to _The World of LEGO Toys_.

This IS a nice book. A bit of a putup job for the latest lines, and for
the models you'll see in miniland. Rubs my nose in piece unavailability
to the unwashed public a bit, but I'm getting used to that. :-) Light on
details of manufacturing, etc. But it DOES pose a few "how would you
build THIS" problems that can be done with just a few pieces you
probably already have.

I liked it despite my carps. LIC MoA had bunches.

I knew of all the rest you list except these two...

LEGO Modelers
_Amazing Animals_        ISBN:0-7894-4775-4
_Fabulous Figures_       ISBN:0-7894-4777-0

These are sub-billed as "15 figures from 100 bricks".  They appear to be
idea/instruction books.  No mention of including pieces, so I assume they
don't.

Which sound ab-fab.

Thanks for cataloging them all.

lugnet.