 General / 6418
Re: LEGO Books from DK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:25:10 GMT

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:04:12 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

_The Ultimate LEGO Book_ ISBN:0-7894-4691-X
This one looks amazing!  Except for the Rock Raiders shown front-and-center
on the cover.  But the rest of it looks great.  I'm sure it will make a
wonderful companion to _The World of LEGO Toys_.

This IS a nice book. A bit of a putup job for the latest lines, and for
the models you'll see in miniland. Rubs my nose in piece unavailability
to the unwashed public a bit, but I'm getting used to that. :-) Light on
details of manufacturing, etc. But it DOES pose a few "how would you
build THIS" problems that can be done with just a few pieces you
probably already have.

Just going to LIC MoA will rub your nose in piece unavailability--I was
there a couple of years ago, and I remember an extremely cool display which
used *hundreds* of brown plates.  I was thrilled and bummed, all at once.

I knew of all the rest you list ...

But did you know anything more about them?  Seems like I've heard mention
of the puzzle books, probably from hanging out on lugnet.loc.uk, but I
don't remember for sure (and can't find anything now).

LEGO Modelers
_Amazing Animals_        ISBN:0-7894-4775-4
_Fabulous Figures_       ISBN:0-7894-4777-0

These are sub-billed as "15 figures from 100 bricks".  They appear to be
idea/instruction books.  No mention of including pieces, so I assume they
don't.

Which sound ab-fab.

Thanks for cataloging them all.

No problem.  It's good to have something to share.

Steve