 General / 62
Re: www.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 05:14:59 GMT

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 02:05:56 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
   One of the main reasons behind the infrastructure of identities in the
   first place is to hold people accountable in the marketplace, and
   generally raise the level of trustworthiness, commitment, and personal
   responsibility in the community.

I personally support the concept of requiring membership of all participants
in the automagic web-based auctions. But then, if I were _holding_ an
auction, I might feel differently....

Maybe, but the added peace of mind that would come with knowing
someone was committed enough to sign up and pay a small fee to be part
of this online community would be worth it for me, as an auctioneer,
although I admit it would tend to reduce the number of bidders.
--
Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials
http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/