 General / 5870
Re: July LEGO Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:32:54 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

"Josh Spaulding" <josh_spaulding@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Paul Foster writes:
Looks like it is built as an 8 stud wide vehicle.  Someone hold back
John Neal, Mr. 8 wide.

I'm just starting to build 6 and 8 wide cars and trucks
(robots and spaceships are more of my staple), and while I think those
are pretty good widths relative to minfig width, I find that the • vehicles
end up looking ridiculous on my road plate. Has anyone found a way to • correct
this problem?  I figure you either ignore the lines and consider the • plate
to be a one-way street or you build your own road.

I know what you mean... my 18 wheeler [1] covers tow road plates and
can't negotiate the tight turns at all.  If you use 1 stud = 1 foot, it's
pretty close to a real life scale though.

Yes, and that would make trains 10 wide! <drool>

-John

--Bram

1) http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/land/18wheelr.html