 General / 5673
Re: July LEGO Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:09:25 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Wow!  If you have reading the Mania magazines, you should take a glance at
the current issue.  Along with the usual advertising dreck content, there
are some great models on the member contributions pages.  The normal
kid-creations seem to have averaged slightly better than usual, but the
real treats are these:

A very large, mostly-to-scale firetruck (hook-and-ladder?).  The picture
shows a technical drawing of the truck, hanging behind the LEGO model.  I
wonder if the kid drafted the diagram as well as building the model?

Fire Truck?  (Grabs Mania magazine from mail and looks)  Wow, that is a
great model, makes me want to scrap all my fire trucks and start over again.

Looks like it is built as an 8 stud wide vehicle.  Someone hold back
John Neal, Mr. 8 wide.

A very nice mecha model (no age given for the modeler, so I'm assuming it's
a 'grup).

A life-size replica of the kid who won the recent building contest (his
creation was an *amazing* carousel).  The replica is very great, especially
with the kid standing next to it.  Too bad it's a ringer (created by TLG
masters).

There is at least one more nifty submission, but I don't have the magazine
with me, and I can't remember what it was.  Another creation by a teen
maniac.

The TIE Interceptor?

Steve
--