 General / 5780
Re: How much (%) of your collection do you use at one time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 20:26:26 GMT

Don't feel to bad, I've got quite a few things built and displayed right
now, and I'm working a bunch of other things, unlike you I do 3 or 4 or
even sometimes 5 projects at a time...

  I'd have to say that about 99% of my collection is unused.. that being
mostly the sets, I'm one of the strange ones (which might change soon...
maybe...)
  I keep my boxed sets together, they don't get mixed into the building
pile.. I buy extra sets and pieces for building though will always have
one complete set of everything I've bought. And 90% of those are in Mint
condition, some not even opened yet, some not even built. I just opened
the 2nd - 20th box, looked at the parts and dumped :)
If you keep building on your town, sooner or later you'll find that you
have run out of bricks! and that ratio will change! An you have a cool
town to play with!

The main thing to remember is, JUST HAVE FUN!

Greg Kramer wrote:

I've been feeling a little guilty...

I have no idea how big my Lego collection is, a guess is maybe 20,000 pieces
or so.  I usually work on one project at a time; maybe a large spaceship,
castle, or something.   But my mode is usually one project at one.
Currently, that project is a town (multiple structure, but still one
project).   So far it's used maybe 4,000 pieces.

So fully 80% of my Lego sits unused!   How terrible!

Maybe my piece counts are off, but I know the conclusion is right:  at any
one time, the vast vast majority of my pieces are sitting in bins.    I'm
imagining everyone has this problem, but my concience will feel better one
you tell me so.

-Greg

--

Build everyday!
-Tamy

http://www.execpc.com/~mookie/lego.html
http://mookie.iwarp.com/
Lego isn't a toy, it's a way of life!

MOC++++ CA++++(6080)[dm(6048)bk(6009)df(6079)++++fk++(6007)]
PI+++(6270)[ig++(6271)is+(6256)]WW++++(6716)TR,AQ++SP[ex+++c]
#+++++ S- LS++ Hal M+ A+ LM- YB63f IC11