 General / 5778
Re: How much (%) of your collection do you use at one time?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Kramer writes:
I've been feeling a little guilty...

I have no idea how big my Lego collection is, a guess is maybe 20,000 pieces
or so.  I usually work on one project at a time; maybe a large spaceship,
castle, or something.   But my mode is usually one project at one.
Currently, that project is a town (multiple structure, but still one
project).   So far it's used maybe 4,000 pieces.

So fully 80% of my Lego sits unused!   How terrible!

Maybe my piece counts are off, but I know the conclusion is right:  at any
one time, the vast vast majority of my pieces are sitting in bins.    I'm
imagining everyone has this problem, but my concience will feel better one
you tell me so.

-Greg
I do the same thing, but right now I am at my worst. I am only using about 2%
of my collection because I am doing a large scale minifig custimization project
right now. When I am being normal though, I only use about 10% at any given
time, but that is because a lot of my pieces are unusable for projects I am
doing. I can't use castle pieces in a space station, etc. My dream is to use up
every single one of my pieces somehow, but I know it ain't gonna happen..
Greg "Since when has the sky been yellow?" Majewski
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/