 General / 55808
  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

--snip-- (...) no. Nowhere near 100%. There's a very high fraction of LEGO fans outside North America. (12 years ago, 12-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) A fair point, I suppose, though I maintain that since I was referring to "non AFOLs," I'm not sure that it's relevant. (12 years ago, 12-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) That * was actually an *ahem* but FTX ate the rest. Sounds harsher without it. Ignore the word 'fans'. Very few non-AFOLs here or in Europe would call them LEGOs. Ergo not even close to 100%. (12 years ago, 12-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) And here I was wondering how you did that nifty bullet point. How about this: Of the English-speaking population that might reasonably be anticipated to pluralize a word by adding an S on the end of it, nearly 100% of non-AFOLs use the term (...) (12 years ago, 12-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

--snip-- (...) Oh I'm not taking it seriously at all ;) But I will fight for the linguistic differences between us and them (defined as the situation calls for). I have never heard, outside of TV and my recent trip to the US, the bricks referred to (...) (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

--snip-- (...) "Mum! They have LEGO!" "Don't you have enough LEGO already?" "All my LEGO is in the cupboard." Fixed! (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) LOL. If that poor kid's collection can fit in the cupboard, then he obviously doesn't have enough. (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) I suppose that I can accept that as a fitting compromise. Wow. This might be the first time that we agreed on something. (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) I remember a time when my collection fit into a cardboard box k, i was still single digits at the time Dave (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks

(...) I'm pretty sure we've agreed many times in the past where there was a common enemy. But it's much more fun arguing so those are what are remembered ;) (12 years ago, 13-Mar-12, to lugnet.general, FTX)