 General / 55277 (-20)
  LEGO® Group reports blockbuster profit (1st half of 2009)

LEGO® Group reports blockbuster profit (1st half of 2009) By Christian Wienberg Aug. 17, 2009 (Bloomberg) -- LEGO A/S, Europe’s biggest toymaker, said first-half profit jumped 60 percent as it sold more building block products based on the “Star (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO Bricks Inspire New Type of Architectural Model

LEGO Bricks Inspire New Type of Architectural Model August 17, 2009 By Rita Catinella Orrell Ask architects what their favorite toy was growing up, and LEGOs will likely rank among their top picks. And they aren’t the only ones: The Denmark-based (...) (15 years ago, 18-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  It's here, RAILBRICKS 6

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 6 The Double Issue We silently released issue 6 on Friday August 7th. This 100 page issue was a long time coming, but features an interview with UK builder Carl Greatrix, more Steam tips & (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEGO® Movie in Development for the big-screen

LEGO ready for its big-screen close-up By Steven Zeitchik and Borys Kit LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Warner Bros. is building a LEGO movie. The studio and producer Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes movie) have acquired theatrical rights for a motion (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO® Recalls Remote Controls (8879 Power Functions)

(...) It looks like the Remote Controls #8879 are available again. (URL) (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  LEGO Rejects a Bit Part in a Spinal Tap DVD

LEGO Rejects a Bit Part in a Spinal Tap DVD By ANDREW ADAM NEWMAN Published: August 10, 2009 In 2007, when Coleman Hickey was 14, he made a stop-action film using LEGO pieces and figures to depict a concert performance of the song “Tonight I’m Gonna (...) (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Moonbase

Hi. It's been awhile. From what I've seen, Moonbase is more or less dead, and more or less dead at Lego conventions. I suspect that like a lot of building trends, it may have just run its course...which is fine. But I've always felt bad about (...) (15 years ago, 8-Aug-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Hispabrick Magazine 005

(...) Another great issue! I've enjoyed reading each issue. OK, maybe I enjoyed looking at each issue, and reading the issues translated into English. Thank you to the writers, editors and translators! (15 years ago, 7-Aug-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  LEGO® CLICKAwards 2009

NEW YORK, Aug. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Inventors' Month, LEGO Systems Inc. launches its LEGO® CLICK! Awards, an essay contest for children ages 6 to 13. In addition, the Smithsonian Institution's Lemelson Center for the Study of (...) (15 years ago, 5-Aug-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Two odd part variances in #10187 Volkswagen Beetle

(...) I've come across this problem several times before. Also it's quite frustrating to try to follow instructions including black several shades of grey and blue, like in the Titan XP (4508). Often the only way to know which is which is by (...) (15 years ago, 2-Aug-09, to lugnet.general)

  Two odd part variances in #10187 Volkswagen Beetle

Hey all, My wife got me this set for my birthday, and what an awesome dark and light blue parts pack it is! Oh, and it also makes a pretty amazing Volkswagen! ;-) During the building process, I discovered two very surprising things: 1. The 1x1 (...) (15 years ago, 1-Aug-09, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Repulsorlift ("Augmented Reality" visualization)

Hi, all. I usually build alternate models, but I recently came to the conclusion that just building a decent model from a limited selection of parts isn't enough of a challenge. So, I've developed a new building technique to make more sophisticated (...) (15 years ago, 28-Jul-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  LEGO fanatic turns hobby into business (BrickForge.com)

LEGO fanatic turns hobby into business Kyle Peterson sells his customized pieces to fans around the world. By Pam Cottrel, Contributing Writer July 26, 2009 Kyle Peterson’s new career started with the end of his “dark ages.” The dark ages, he (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jul-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Early Pictures from COmic-Con

(...) Whoa. Very intersting! I love the osterich. Thanks for pointing this out. Steve (15 years ago, 23-Jul-09, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGO house attempt for James May's Toy Stories

LEGO house attempt for James May's Toy Stories July 23, 2009 TOP Gear presenter James May is looking for volunteers to help him build a new house in Surrey - but one made entirely out of LEGO bricks. As part of his BBC series James May’s Toy (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jul-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Early Pictures from COmic-Con

If you're not following Joe Meno's Flicker photostream, here's some early pictures from Comic-Con: (URL) There's prototypes of Toy Story 3 minifigs, Price of Persia, Star Wars exclusive items and a bunch more. --Mike. (15 years ago, 23-Jul-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.disney, lugnet.licensed, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  LEGO® Recalls Remote Controls (8879 Power Functions)

LEGO® Recalls Remote Controls LEGO Systems Inc., of Enfield, Connecticut has recalled about 1.600 of its Power Functions IR Remote Controls, the U.S. consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) just announced. The recall has been initiated because (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes?

The only one I have any info on is the (URL) cylinder>. Someone from LEGO (don't remember who) said that the (URL) previous version> was made up of pieces that were glued together inside. (This makes sense that it would have to be, otherwise how (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.parts, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes?

(...) I noticed that one as well, but the second change makes less sense. The first one, I'd guess was to relieve stress when an axle is pushed through the hole, and help prevent the bricks from splitting in half. The second change, they filled in (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's the story with all the recent mold changes?

I'm no expert in plastics (okay, I know nothing about plastics) but I'd like to offer a few theories. Technic 1x2 Brick - perhaps the failure/reject rate is lower with fewer sharp corners for the plastic to have to flow into? Functionally still (...) (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact