 General / 55268
Re: Two odd part variances in #10187 Volkswagen Beetle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:42:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
Finally, those of you who purchase this set be aware that it is virtually
impossible to tell the difference between gray 1x1 round plates and metallic
silver 1x1 round plates from the instruction pictures.  I was making the front
and rear bumpers when I realized that the metallic silver ones were supposed to
be used in the engine.

Dave S.

I've come across this problem several times before. Also it's quite frustrating
to try to follow instructions including black several shades of grey and blue,
like in the Titan XP (4508). Often the only way to know which is which is by
comparison to the available pieces in other steps. There are times when you'd
appreciate having some colour coding available in the step part list.

Jetro