 General / 54512 (-10)
  Re: 4455 {Hotdog girl}

(...) I think it is the point that it is a girl standing there with money and a weiner. I have heard jokes about this set since it came out. Russell BayLUG (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Interesting find at Target website

Saw this at the Target webiste today: (URL) seen this? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying a set

(...) This is not the pre-school set 078. Pre-school is the forerunner of Duplo and appears in 1975 in the USA. To see it, locate a scan of the 1975 USA consumer catalog, the one with a red cover and maxifig in a box. The box art of the airplane and (...) (17 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 4455 {Hotdog girl}

(...) OK, I don't get it. Why is it funny? Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  4455 {Hotdog girl}

look at the picture in Peeron, a little humorous. John P (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help identifying a set

(...) On the catalog in Brickset, there is an entry for the set listing it as "Pre-School Set" and the year 1976. I was guessing it was earlier, such as 73-74, based on the box art (relatively modern LEGO logo next to the old 5-color flag). Brickset (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Help identifying a set

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this set? I can't find it in the Lugnet database and I really don't know anything about older sets. Could someone even identify the era for me? Suggestions on the appropriate newsgroup (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGOLAND Discovery Center to Open in Illinois

Attention midwestern-ers. :-) Stacy was surfing the "Plastics News" site this morning and came across this little gem of information. ===...=== Legoland Discovery Centre to open first U.S. site By Moneé Fields-White CRAIN´S CHICAGO BUSINESS (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) Thanks, Scott. That's very helpful. I've got to get me some calipers! Rafe (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) 0.055 inch would be correct. It never crossed my mind that 0.5 = 1/2. I don't use my calipers often enough to correctly interpret its output every time I do. Lesson learned: Double, uh, no, triple-check the readout (and make shure I'm (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact