 General / 54507
Re: Help identifying a set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Todd wrote:
   Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this set? I can’t find it in the Lugnet database and I really don’t know anything about older sets. Could someone even identify the era for me? Suggestions on the appropriate newsgroup are also welcome ; )

box front...

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

On the catalog in Brickset, there is an entry for the set listing it as “Pre-School Set” and the year 1976. I was guessing it was earlier, such as 73-74, based on the box art (relatively modern LEGO logo next to the old 5-color flag). Brickset has no further information and no picture. So, it looks like you may have a pretty rare set on your hands, and it seems to be in very good condition.

By the way, does anyone know if the old 5-color flag of LEGO (the one with the vertical stripes) has a proper name (or nickname)? Just wondering.

-Jordan