 General / 54507 (-10)
  Re: Help identifying a set

(...) On the catalog in Brickset, there is an entry for the set listing it as "Pre-School Set" and the year 1976. I was guessing it was earlier, such as 73-74, based on the box art (relatively modern LEGO logo next to the old 5-color flag). Brickset (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Help identifying a set

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this set? I can't find it in the Lugnet database and I really don't know anything about older sets. Could someone even identify the era for me? Suggestions on the appropriate newsgroup (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LEGOLAND Discovery Center to Open in Illinois

Attention midwestern-ers. :-) Stacy was surfing the "Plastics News" site this morning and came across this little gem of information. ===...=== Legoland Discovery Centre to open first U.S. site By Moneé Fields-White CRAIN´S CHICAGO BUSINESS (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) Thanks, Scott. That's very helpful. I've got to get me some calipers! Rafe (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) 0.055 inch would be correct. It never crossed my mind that 0.5 = 1/2. I don't use my calipers often enough to correctly interpret its output every time I do. Lesson learned: Double, uh, no, triple-check the readout (and make shure I'm (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) Scott, I'm sorry; That can't be right. More than half an inch? Did you mean 0.055 inch? I'm talking about the thickness of a baseplate, the area without the studs, the distance a block would be above my desk if the block were sitting on a (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) rats! (...) Thanks for the heads up, John Looks like I really have to start brushing up on my NXT 'bot building now. Dave K (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) 0.55 inch. That's measuring with a dial calipers. HTH sjf (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Dick Swan's replacement RCX firmware also does not support directly manipulating the IR led and it doesn't support microsecond timing control. Both of these features would be required in order to send the IR messages to a Power Function or R/C (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Base plate thickness?

(...) Baseplates are exactly the right thickness, such that if they are resting on studs, their studs are exactly 1 plate higher. So I guess that makes them 1 plate minus the height of a stud 8?) ROSCO (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact