 General / 54376
Re: Top 25 Sellers of 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:22:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Without actual sales figures and some comparison to the number of new sets in
each theme, I don't think that you can conclude by splitting the numbers into
each themed category.

Very true-- actually, I hadn't thought to compare a theme's prominance on the
list with how many sets were available within the complete line, but that's a
good idea to give some accuracy.

I think the top two in my list have been .. um .. quasi-confirmed with the
company. IE that Star Wars and City are doing extremely well compared to other
lines. But the rest of the theme stats I don't feel very confident in. It all
needs to be taken with a grain of salt, since this stuff is pieced together from
a limited set of comparative data, and not real sales figures. Too bad it's the
best we've got!

As of a few minutes ago, I've started also logging:
1) Price
2) Sale price
3) Availability (Available/Sold Out/Pre-orders/Back-orders)
4) Customer limits

That may help a few things, like seeing trends in low-priced items vs. high
price items, and also accounting for sale items (which frequently jump up on the
list and then fall off). So maybe we can do some better analysis going forward.

Oh, and if anyone's interested in processing the raw data for themselves, just
let me know and I can zip up all the input files for you or something. It's
maybe ... 3-4 megs worth of data or so (~4800 small files).

DaveE