 General / 54369
Re: Top 25 Sellers of 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 07:09:10 GMT

It is very interesting data that you have compiled.  Without actual sales
figures and some comparison to the number of new sets in each theme, I don't
think that you can conclude by splitting the numbers into each themed category.

It might be safe to say that less expensive sets (such as the Clone Troopers)
sell much more frequently.  I know that I'm always tempted to add a $10 set to
an order that I'm already placing.  Therefore, more expensive sets that make the
list are the ones that are really worth some attention.

You might be able to see the impact of collecting a theme from this list.  Star
Wars has the most number of new sets in the broadest of price ranges of all of
the LEGO themes.  It also has a high number of less expensive sets.  These
things (combined with a good movie affiliation and replacing a previous popular
theme) add up to make a great series to collect.

I only wish that my favorite theme had such smart and innovative people working
on it as the Star Wars line.

Scott