 General / 54247 (-20)
  Re: Weren't we all expecting this??

(...) Now, now, let's not be too hasty. Remember, competition is GOOD; it keeps TLG on their toes. On a different note, I saw this quotation in the article and it made me wonder: "Lead is sometimes added to plastics to give them yellow or red color, (...) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Weren't we all expecting this??

In someways I knew this would happen and I have been expecting this day. Hopefully, it means the downfall of MegaBloks forever! (URL) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  First logo attempt: KeithLUG

(URL) (17 years ago, 18-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) Once upon a time, it was a very special and unique thing to offer free image hosting. Once upon a time Kevin was a regular participant on LUGNET and an active member of the AFOL community. And once upon a time, Brickshelf was a state of the (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) No interest in providing a useful service? ...apart from the providing free image hosting, unlimited accounts, unlimited access to images, unlimited directories, thumbnails, fast moderation, unobtrusive moderation, deeplinks (even before (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) No interest in providing a useful service? ...apart from the providing free image hosting, unlimited accounts, unlimited access to images, unlimited directories, thumbnails, fast moderation, unobtrusive moderation, deeplinks (even before (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

Hmmm, very good question, Tim! I'd have to say that I don't really give much thought to what the average person thinks about my hobby. For me, the wider community translates to the average person. I LOVE my hobby! That passion is immediately (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) "Whom". (...) You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. (...) Get thee to a dictionary. (...) If anything is clear, it is that the whole situation is markedly unclear. You really have no idea what you're talking (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) Apparently you're forgetting that all those years of providing free hosting have somehow put him beyond any criticism in some people's eyes. I wonder how they'll feel when they're paying for more of the same. (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

(...) I think the way people react to it is a function of how you present it. I have a license plate that says "I (heart) LEGO" and the business card I hand out for personal contacts has my LEGO blog address (brickpile.com) on it. I treat it (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) Respect, what for? Kevin has disrespected the LEGO community for years. He rarely if ever replies to any inquiries about the site, has not added any new features in years, and then suddenly threatens to pull the plug this summer. Now he is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) Show some respect and exercise some restraint. Sheesh. JOHN (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Brickshelf Status-- any update???

(...) What gives is that this is Kevin Loch we're talking about. Use Flickr. Brickshelf is a waste of time and energy. (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.ambassadors)

  BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(URL) BrickJournal 9 is now available for downloading through its (URL) TwoMorrows.> It's 148 pages of reports and instructions, with event reports of 1000steine-Land, Brickworld, and LEGOFest. There's also interviews with a couple of Star Wars (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Renting LEGO?

So I've been approached by a work associate that wants to rent 'lots of' LEGO for some sort of business thingy. She says she'll need enough for 100ish people. I think, unless they're building big stuff, that I pretty much got that covered. I've (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  lugnet.org.ca.obb

I am very pleased to invite YOU to participate in the Hobby Show, this Nov 2nd, 3rd and 4th, located in Toronto at the International Centre on Airport Road (Dixon Rd). The OBB, (Ontario Brick Builders - an informal group of Lego builders) will be (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

(...) Nope, I like building (OK, I'll correct that, I like the idea of building but rarely get any done!) and I like talking about it with other AFOL (or KFOLS), people who are interested. I have no interest in what other people think. (...) Again, (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

(...) Not particularly. By wider I am referring to the general public. There are those people that "get it" and those that don't. To each their own. I'll admit I get some funny looks when I tell people I still play with Lego. It's funny how fast (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

(...) I'm not sure which community you mean here. Do you mean the wider hobby community (people who participate in other hobbies)? Or do you mean the rest of the world in general? :) (...) I believe it already is. I have no problem discussing my (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?

(...) People seem to think I am out of my mind when they see my Lego room. When I was building the room the neighbors would ask "What are you building, another bedroom?" I would say, "no, a Lego room." At that point I got strange looks and they (...) (17 years ago, 15-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact