 General / 54229
Re: Do you care about the perception of AFOLs/ALEs in the wider community?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:45:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:

Do you care about the opinion of the 'wider' community? (and who do you mean by
'wider')?

I'm not sure which community you mean here. Do you mean the wider hobby
community (people who participate in other hobbies)? Or do you mean the rest of
the world in general?  :)

Would you like to see LEGO 'accepted' as a 'valid' hobby?

I believe it already is. I have no problem discussing my hobby with other
adults.  And the reaction I get is almost always the same" "wow, that's cool".

Why does it matter (or not matter)?

It doesn't, in my mind. My interest in LEGO building doesn't hurt or bother
anyone, so therefore it's not anyone else's concern.

Best regards!
Allan B.