 General / 54222 (-20)
  Re: Jupiter

(...) Thanks John! Well, you'll be able to see my 4-4-0 run IRL when we finally meet at a show. (URL) Since I based Jupiter off of this one, they run the same. It's kinda funny to watch it take corners, it seems to 'snap' into and out of turns more (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Jupiter

Tasty MOC, Tony:-d I'd to see it run IRL! I really love 4-4-0s. You should include links to pics of the Jupiter and #119 so people can see what a remarkable recreation you have made. Well done, JOHN (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  10179 Millennium Falcon

Well, just got mine today when I got home from a vacation. I have to comment that it is large and heavy. My certificate is 2877. I was wondering if they made 5000 or 10,000 for the first run of these. What is the highest number out there. I have to (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.general)

  Jupiter

On May 10, 1869 a famous meeting took place between two locomotives at Promotory Point, Utah, at the (URL) Golden Spike Ceremony> which celebrated the completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad over the United States. These two locomotives (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Hi all, I've got a question for all TECHNIC enthusiasts out there... six questions, really. What types of TECHNIC vehicles would you like to see? I've created six polls on LUGNET, each with 3 or 4 choices for a given price range. Now's a good time (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LegoShop Purchases Earn 5% Cash-back from Discover

FYI, my credit card statement said that Discover Card holders can now get a 5% cash-back bonus on Lego purchases initiated from a link on their site. A similar deal exists for online purchases from Target.com (which also sells Lego). Here is the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  The Ruby Runner

I was recently commissioned to create a red version of my Henry Dreyfuss inspired streamlined hudson, named 'The Ruby Runner'. To get my mind off of the death of 9v trains I decided to share the pictures of the finished product. So here it is: (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  RailBricks Issue 1

On behalf of Jeramy Spurgeon, Greetings all! I'm proud to announce the release of the premiere issue of RailBricks! (URL) RailBricks is a dedicated LEGO® Train Hobby Magazine similar to Model Railroader. Each issue will strive to advance the LEGO® (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Lego Purity

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:JoxIMH.32w@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) big surprise that I would score a Zero... :D Is that totally impure? yay! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Purity

--snip-- (...) Youy could try something like 1/2[1-tanh(k(std-30))] so that it smoothly approaches zero. (...) Tim (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) It lets everyone down. Burn them immediatly Tim (17 years ago, 27-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) I'd never thought of you as approving of virtual building... Tim (17 years ago, 27-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) Are you sure the Pure/Impure headings above the scores are the right way round? According to them, I score 10/10 :D ROSCO (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Box scans

(...) I would love to see the backs of Classic Space/Futuron sets such as 497, 6990, etc.!!! The alternate models from old school sets like those would be a great inspiration for those of us who still love CS but do not have access to the boxes from (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) If Seinfeld can have his 'Soup Nazi' so too can LUGNET have it's own 'Lego Nazi' All in good fun (On second thought, I should have dubbed it 'Lego Fascist' instead.) All hail the Brickshirts!!! -Benito Mussolego (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) I came in at 8.90 but I could have sworn that I really didn't care that much about mods and other non-traditional things... (URL) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) 0.67/10!? Not shure, but whatever. I really don't mind. (URL) My question is, since most who rated clones 1/5, also rated modding clones 1/5, so if you consider clones a blasphemy, wouldn't modding clones then be a moot point? (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) You sure you really want to go down that road around here...? ;-) (URL) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Box scans

(...) <sniper-snip> (...) Of course it is useful, especially the rear side of the box is very important (for the alternate models). You can send it to some database/instructions server, for example Peeron. -Martin (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Purity

(...) A fun test! I thnk I came out at about 7.7. It's weird, because we're all so complex, so how do you make a simple test and gett accuate answers? For instance, under the topic of custom weapons, I personally don't use them (while I do own (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact