 General / 5418
    Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Steve Berry
   (...) This got me thinking. First, I would very much like to participate, although I don't have the piece collection a lot of you have. Second, has Todd or anyone else started a distribution list or something to keep track of who wants to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Larry Pieniazek
   I don't believe anyone has started a formal tracking of desire. I know lots of people informally want in. Improperly handled this can cause a lot of hard feelings so let's try to do it right. Whatever that means. I think one reason Todd may be (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Julie Krenz
      (...) I would like in on this as well. I mention it today, because I'll be off line most of next week. I would be bummed out if, when I was away, it was determined the right way to get the who's in list going. Julie (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) In an ideal world, I would like to see a web-interactive page to which I could go that would pseudo-randomly assign a 'next' recipient. This could be completely random, or more interestingly, it could take the latitude and longitude (or other (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Terry Keller
   (...) Yes. :-) (...) Realistically, a box can go just about anywhere in the lower 48 in 3-4 days using priority mail. So you *could* try to churn locally, but it is not really necessary. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) L, H, or B ? (...) Very true. But local handoffs save postage. As someone pointed out, it's not worth driving to O'Hare, paying to park, and waiting around 1/2 hour at a gate to meet me (or Mike Walsh) to save 3.20. But if you've always wanted (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO —Terry Keller
   (...) Take your pick. :-) (...) Not worth it? To meet a living god? Heresy! But your right, the gas and parking alone would double or triple the cost. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)