 General / 5442
Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:05:44 GMT

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:44:08 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

I don't believe anyone has started a formal tracking of desire. I know
lots of people informally want in. Improperly handled this can cause a
lot of hard feelings so let's try to do it right. Whatever that means.

I think one reason Todd may be handing the whole thing off to me as a
big lump is so I get the hostility. :-) That's OK, people either love me
or hate me. Or both at the same time.

Yes.  :-)

Steve Berry wrote:
Second, has  Todd or anyone else started a distribution list
or something to keep track of who wants to participate and how the box
(boxes.. it's pretty clear that there will be more than one just using
Todd's stuff, and I have some rummage to put in too)

should be distributed (i.e.,
starting on the East coast, then Midwest, then Rocky Mtn. states,
then West  coast)?

My sense was a certain amount of intra regional churn per box, but it
makes sense for boxes to rotate regionally too.

Realistically, a box can go just about anywhere in the lower 48 in 3-4 days
using priority mail.  So you *could* try to churn locally, but it is not really
necessary.

-- Terry K --