 General / 53687 (-20)
  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Here's my pictures as well: (URL) Cotterman showed me how to take some panoramic pictures with my wife's camera, so I managed to take a few good ones of the event. --Mike. (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Edit and cropping???? I got your edit and crop (URL) RIGHT HERE>, pal! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: From The Now I've Seen Everything Department....

"Matthew Crandall" <matthewcrandall9@lycos.com> wrote in message news:JK8zn1.J04@lugnet.com... (...) I believe that the blocks in the video areMaxi Mega Blocks, not Lego. My youngest son has some that he got for Christmas and the large studs have a (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) John, I guess the reason we are NOT seeing the pictures from you is cause of all the time you need to edit and crop the naughty gestures i managed to sneak in? :) Chris ps. man, if ~i~ had a camera to take a pic of Joe M's face when he met me (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Well, that would be (URL) here> I plan to write much more notes - almost all of these are written at 3 or 4 am... (...) More are coming - not only from me, of course. I got to take 1500 pics and now have to edit them down to a reasonable size. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Where's Joe's online journal? Keep the Flickr images coming. BrickWorld was a blast -- it was good seeing a bunch of old friends, meeting new ones, and finally meeting people I've known online for years. A few shoutouts... The NILTC gang Orion (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  From The Now I've Seen Everything Department....

I know LEGO is popular with humans...but with octopi as well??? Check this out: (URL) Play Well and Prosper, Matthew "The Brick Detective" (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Keep the stories coming everyone! We love hearing about all the goings-on. It sounds like this was a great event and will be even better next year. :-) Stacy and I are glad to hear everyone had a good time and we want to see all your pictures. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Hi John and attendees, It was nice to meet you too. I also had the chance to meet many nice people I have known over the years but never met in person, that was very cool. It was good to meet many others for the first time too. The event was (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Brickworld was a Blast!

The subject line says it all! Although I am still recovering from the weekend and still need to post my pics, I'll just post a quickie to say how much I enjoyed this event and that I'm already looking forward to Brickworld '08. Kudos to Adam and (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Eric Brok has passed away!!

Erik taught me through his website. He showcased so many techniques, styles, and solutions, and I was inspired. From close-coupling for trains, dioramas, SNOT, Technic geometry, to mechanization he gave us so many solutions and foundations for how (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Philanthropy. Suggestions and experiences?

In lugnet.general, Karl Paulsen wrote: snip (...) Every January, two rubbermaid totes filled with a variety and wide selection of my bricks take a trip to two grade schools in my area. These schools have 'Options'--which sounds like 'Leisure Ed' (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Philanthropy. Suggestions and experiences?

Hi all, I was curious to hear if any of you had experienes or suggestinons on how to use LEGO to benefit the wider human community. Background: I live and work in Community Development in inner city Chicago, and considering that some weeks I spend (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Issues at Northstar?

(...) Yes, they are having technical difficulties. I believe they have multiple servers and only certain ones are affected, thus the hit-or-miss ability to reach certain sites they host. My LUG's site ((URL)) is one of the sites that is down as (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Issues at Northstar?

(...) Yes, there are issues with Northstar, I'll let Eric post details, but a number of LEGO sites appear to be affected. Club sites that use a database, as well as the ones you mention, and others like BrickFest.com, are currently offline. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Issues at Northstar?

(...) I believe Brickset is hosted at Northstar too. Tim (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Issues at Northstar?

(...) I don't know if its related but www.brickset.com is also giving wierd database errors. (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Issues at Northstar?

I have been unable to access www.brickish.co.uk (page not found) and www.jlug.net (MySQL error) for the last couple of days. Both these sites are hosted by Northstar so I'm guessing they have a problem. Bricklink is also hosted there and is OK but I (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dad's Day Gift

Looks great. A nice present. I was wondering if the logo on the ball cap is a decal? Any close up pictures available? I need some ball cap logos done and was thinking I might have a very small rubber stamp made but the detail in a decal would be (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Dad's Day Gift

Here's the father's day gift I gave my Dad yesterday: (URL) The story behind it: My grandfather owned 40 acres of land in the outskirts of Texarkana, Arkansas, 15 of which was cleared (the rest is dense forest). My grandfather didn't do much (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact