 General / 53676
Re: LEGO Philanthropy. Suggestions and experiences?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:06:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Karl Paulsen wrote:

snip

. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Karl

Every January, two rubbermaid totes filled with a variety and wide selection of
my bricks take a trip to two grade schools in my area.  These schools have
'Options'--which sounds like 'Leisure Ed' from my college days--the kids in
grade 1 and 6 are given a variety of options to sign up for for a half hour a
day (or some such) from January until March (thus allowing the kids some
'freedom' from being cooped up inside 'cause of the winter outside).  A while
back, I was asked if I could lend the schools some LEGO bricks so the kids could
choose that as an option.  I'm told that it's one of the things the kids look
forward to now.

THis way I'm only without htese bricks for 3 months out of the year.  Though, to
be said, 2 rubbermaid totes filled with bricks really didn't make that big of
difference to my building endeavours--didn't miss 'em too much for those 3
months.

Dave K