 General / 53252 (-20)
  Re: TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Hey, Tony- This is a smart looking engine. What I like best about it is that you've nailed the proportions very well-- this is the most important design consideration when building a prototype IMO. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: X-mas LEGO Loot ! - What's your's?

(...) I got the four Exo-Force robots (7700 - 7703), my first foray into mecha-style building. It's interesting. I like the specialized joint pieces that are used but I don't know what I'll be able to use them for later other than more robots. :D I (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  TSRR #500 and the Texas State Railroad Project

I didn't start this looking for a cause... After playing around with my two steam locomotives on the few TexLUG displays I've attended, I decided I needed a steam locomotive that was a bit more layout friendly. My American 4-4-0 (6-wide) doesn't (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  X-mas LEGO Loot ! - What's your's?

Each year I ask all of you what you got for Christmas and or what you gave as Lego Gifts. So what was your Lego Loot?! Did you get a sweater or did you get that NXT you wanted? Lump of coal? I got the Big Bat Mobile, and a copy of the original Lego (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History

(...) Yes,it's definitely a typo you want to avoid if you're travelling. :) (URL) still can't imagine not only ending up in the wrong city... but on the wrong continent. Wow. AB (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes wrote: <SNIP> (...) Minor correction...it's spelt Sydney, not Sidney :) I'll also try and have a look through my old catalogues this weekend and see what addresses they give for Lego Australia over the years...I think (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History

(...) Hi Jim, thank you for this LEGO Internationalization history compilation I'm sorry for this correction as I can not bring all the missing informations. LEGO S.A. 16, rue Edmond Poillot Boite Postale 837 F-28011 Chartres Cédex Tel. +33 2 37 91 (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Internationalization of Lego - A History

There is an often repeated Line In Wiencek's World of Lego Toys that during the depression Ole went door to door selling his toys, often trading them for food. But this is apocryphal, even in the 1930's Lego did not sell toys to individuals, but (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A quick LEGO History

(...) This makes me wonder whether the design of the 2x2 round tile is a vestige of the "X" bottom design, or if it came about some other way. It certainly enhances the usefulness of those tiles. And, thank you Gary for your enlightening posts; I (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) I would be interested in the result, Rob. Just for your information: CA has a much higher material damping coefficient in comparison to ABS. So CA will make less noise and sound very dump when it hits the ground. Especially for the classical (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) That's an experiment that I will have to try when my collection is closer at hand :) -Rob A> (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Hi Rob, thanks for your feedback! In that case I would think these are US-made bricks, since the LEGO-logo on top of the bricks is of the old design. This has been used within Europe (= Billund made bricks) only in combination with CA-bricks (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) I wouldn't assume that 1965 was necessarily as good as, say, 1990. But you're right insofar as quality from the 60's and 70's is not necessarily the same quality as the 80's and 90's. If someone's really looking for proof or disproof of (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Not sure how you come up with that conclusion. These bricks are from my old sets, purchased in Canada between 1973-1978. I am suspecting these specific bricks came from set 256-1 released in 1976. I would doubt that ir contained 10 year old (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) Not suer how you come up wit that conclusion. These bricks are from my old sets, purchased in Canada between 1973-1978. I am suspecting these specific bricks came from set 256-1 released in 1976. I would doubt that these were 10 year old (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) snip (...) snip (...) Hi all! I know this thread is really old, but eventually I came across this discussion while uploading a few more new quality issue pictures ast brickshelf: (URL) new pictures of 2007 building session> So I just wanted to (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

Happy New Year! We had warm discussions about a new homepage for LUGNET last year, and I would like to show the next provisional result, draft #8: (URL) reference, please see also: Initial post by Todd: (URL) by Tim: (URL) discussion: (URL) (latest (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: Brickfetish - new version

(...) up the great work! PS. I noticed you have labeled the USA scans from 1966 as set 703. They should actually be for 704 "master discovery set". See (URL) for an example. Eric (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brickfetish - new version

(...) resource for the community! Allan B. (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.general)

  Brickfetish - new version

Hi: To end the year I have just uploaded a completely new version of my Lego history site, Brick Fetish. The timeline now spans from 1891-1968. Even the older sections have been, in many cases, completely rewritten. The purpose of the project is to (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.general) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact