 General / 53248
Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:37:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes wrote:

<SNIP>

[Australia]¬
1962-1992 ¬
LEGO Australia Pty. Limited. Lane cove, N.S.W (Sidney). A subsidiary of the
Courtaulds Group via a¬  license from Lego AS. Lego Australia was a
subsidiary of the UK Courtaulds Group and sets were ¬ imported from the UK
after the Wrexham plant was established.¬

1993-present¬
LEGO Australia Pty. Ltd. Lane Cove, N.S.W. A sales subsidiary of LEGO A/S¬

Minor correction...it's spelt Sydney, not Sidney :)

Yes,it's definitely a typo you want to avoid if you're travelling.  :)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/29/germany.tourist.reut/

I still can't imagine not only ending up in the wrong city... but on the wrong
continent.  Wow.

AB