 General / 53247
Re: Internationalization of Lego - A History
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:46:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes wrote:

<SNIP>

[Australia]¬
1962-1992 ¬
LEGO Australia Pty. Limited. Lane cove, N.S.W (Sidney). A subsidiary of the
Courtaulds Group via a¬  license from Lego AS. Lego Australia was a
subsidiary of the UK Courtaulds Group and sets were ¬ imported from the UK
after the Wrexham plant was established.¬

1993-present¬
LEGO Australia Pty. Ltd. Lane Cove, N.S.W. A sales subsidiary of LEGO A/S¬

Minor correction...it's spelt Sydney, not Sidney :)

I'll also try and have a look through my old catalogues this weekend and see
what addresses they give for Lego Australia over the years...I think they did
move once or twice, but I'm not certain.

Benjamin Whytcross