 General / 52945
Re: No Announcements from the Brickfest 2006 Folks....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

Why else has no one posted on Brickfest announcements??

Because I got home at 4 AM, the kids were up at 7 AM, and I have to teach the
first class of the term tomorrow afternoon. Sleep is for the weak.

It was wonderful, from a bunch of great MOCs (my first Moonbase MOC), the NXT
Q&A sessions were fun, the GBC was running an amazing amount of the time with a
lot of new and interesting modules, a huge dragon, 20' cranes, new NXT-related
announcements (from Ralph Hempel - ever heard of language called Lua?), some
great robotics contests (most of which I missed sadly), line following at 1+ m/s
(very nice, Steve), A wonderful train setup from the far south, A really cool
LEGO version of Settlers of Catan (not only playable, but *beautiful*), fallen
Mechas decaying into the forest (as well as smashing half a dozen Moonbase
modules in a battle - the bigger they are, the harder they fall), Janey breaking
delicate models, sculpture (one of which thankfully grew a tasteful fig leaf for
the public showing...). And the two favorites of my daughters, the Mos Eisely
street chase (all the vehicles mounted on train cars running below-grade... very
cool, and I got a movie), and "Droidie" ("Droidy"?), a bigger-than-life Star
Wars battledroid that when you hit the button, stands up, unfolds, and moves
about, before sinking back down into his box. My youngest daughter (2&1/2) must
have hit that button more than 20 times, and broke down and cried when she was
told that Droidy was done, and had gone to sleep. It was pitiful. And the
castles, wow, a really nice display there too...

Too much. Pictures in BS after my day job responsibilities.

Did I mention Shop At Home selling HiTechnic sensors?

--
Brian Davis