 General / 52821
Re: TLGs wasteful box sizes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Danny Staple wrote:
With some of the old sets, not only was their less dead space, but it
was better organised. Who here remembers when technic sets came with
some kind of part organisers, with moulded bits for wheels/gears etc?
And when you lifted the flap on the front, instead of more marketing
stuff, you could actually see through a cellophane window what parts
you were going to be getting? That was cool, and often made me drool
for a set, knowing thats what I would get when I bought it.

I hear you, Danny...!  Not only technic sets, most of the medium-large sized
System sets also had the cellophane window highlighting some of the sets' parts.
Unfortunately, they did away with all this cool packaging to save costs.  9
times out of 10, it's to save money...

-Bryan