 General / 52601
Re: LEGO Factory Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 03:43:01 GMT

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:Iz0wE9.16Bq@lugnet.com...

Agh!  I love that you can buy models priced per-part, but the part placing
is
driving me nuts!  Tiles are the worst - they just won't fit.

I tried to do what you described below, and it would appear the LDD
designers have forgotten some rather common and obvious connections.

Try placing two headlight bricks (1x1 brick with stud on side) side-by
side,
then attaching a 1x4 tile centred on their side studs - impossible!  Try
placing
a 1x3 plate, then add a 1x2 tile on the end stud, at 90° to the 1x3
plate -
again, it just won't take it.  In some cases, it'll accept it in a
half-stud
offset position, actually impinging on solid studs.

The first example you gave there, is something I would expect that *should*
work.  Why it doesn't is beyond me.  I certainly hope they also program it
to recognize the pillar of offset building, that of attaching something onto
a sunken LEGO stud by inserting the stud grips on the bottom of pieces and
creating a half-plate offset - which is almost essential if you're going to
do SNOT constructions

The second example is one that one might not normally use, as it is a rather
tight fit for the elements.  I don't think TLG have used construction like
this in an actual LEGO model's instructions.  If they have, they seem to
have forgotten about it.

Why can we only move pieces up and down by manual control?  Why can't we
have
keys for forcing a piece to move forward/back/left/right too?

You can move pieces up/down, if you turn off the automatic connections
gizmo.  It is very hard though to position elements and get them to sit in
the right position.

I sure hope TLG are listening and working out the problems.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde