 General / 52600
Re: LEGO Factory Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 00:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   http://www.legofactory.com

As mentioned last month, LEGO Factory has just now been updated with quite a few improvements - including individual part pricing rather than by-the-bag pricing - among several other things. There’s a new LDD (v1.6) released, which also runs on Intel Macs, and more than 500 different bricks, including elements for trains and minifigs as well as decorated bricks. Oh, and one more important thing...

It includes an LDraw Exporter.

I haven’t downloaded and played with it yet, but I’m about to. The press release says there will be about a 60% savings over bag-based palettes.

Kelly

Agh! I love that you can buy models priced per-part, but the part placing is driving me nuts! Tiles are the worst - they just won’t fit.

Try placing two headlight bricks (1x1 brick with stud on side) side-by side, then attaching a 1x4 tile centred on their side studs - impossible! Try placing a 1x3 plate, then add a 1x2 tile on the end stud, at 90° to the 1x3 plate - again, it just won’t take it. In some cases, it’ll accept it in a half-stud offset position, actually impinging on solid studs.

Why can we only move pieces up and down by manual control? Why can’t we have keys for forcing a piece to move forward/back/left/right too?

I’d love to transfer my MLCAD models to this, but I simply can’t build them on the digital designer.

Please LEGO can we have full manual placing controls, and please can we have an option to disable volume collisions so we can build things we know work in real life?

Jason R