 General / 51712 (-20)
  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) Ya, I was thinking about my definition was too restrictive. I'm curious about the use of Jigs in sets in general. If the pieces used to make the jig are reused in some other way in the set I'd still consider it a jig worth hearing about. It's (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) Wow, that's the most complex Jig I've seen so far. I was expecting most would be single pieces holding something in place. That's cool. I assume some of those pieces are reused in the final model. Derek (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) 8062 does the same thing, to align the front and rear wheel sets. (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) I think the 8421 crane does. There are some beams you put on the steering (to keep it straight) but take them off before you're done. Steve (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) The new crane had a studless beam construction to make sure the axles are aligned properly for the steering setups. I can't remember if those studless beams were then used in the structure of the crane afterwards--can't remember if I had any (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What Lego sets use Jigs

(...) 8460 Crane Truck, for one: (URL) would have used PICSL, but for some reason page 14 won't load) It's kind of neat to see such a building technique. I always wondered how Lego would pictogrammatically (I made that word up) explain some of the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  What Lego sets use Jigs

I recently finished building the Death Star II set. In the set is a very simple jig is used to align the panels of the big dish. It consists of four green 2x2 plates that are attached around the edge of the dish. These provide spacing above a flat (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

I can't remember the set, but everything I've bought since the end of my Dark Ages, circa 1992 or so, have been parts buys. Most of it was mixed secondhand stuff from a consignment shop is big ziploc bags, but they had some complete sets as well. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Lego Soldiers for sale

Hi all, In my Bricklink store (URL) I am selling some of my own design soldiers. The whole army (not all for sale) can be seen here: (URL) are riflemen: (URL) to lead them are available too (though limited availability means 1 officer available for (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Re: Call for Events...

(...) Hi Joe, probably you already have this information, but just in case: Name of event: LEGO World 2005 Date of event: October 20 - October 25 Location: De IJsselhallen, Zwolle, the Netherlands Club or organization involved: De Bouwsteen (The (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.events)

  Re: Gold (Re: My collection of colours)

"Henry Lim" <hlim@library.ucla.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:IMp9Ep.2135@lugnet.com... (...) must be tricky getting the camera angle correct - the leftmost pillar seems a bit disconnected. When can we get it in a slightly larger (Wallpaper) size? (I (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.color)

  Re: What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) I really have to say my second Mindstorms 1.0 Up until then, I bought sets and put them together as per instructions... then ripped them apart and used the pieces for other creations. I also bought (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

Maybe we're seeing different redirect pages, but I would hardly call a paragraph that explains the policy clearly, uses the word "sincerely" and signs off with "Thank you," "berating". I, personally, could not think of a more appropriate page that (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Fair point, but I don't think the problem is so much that they're protecting their trademark, but with the way they're doing it. The 'Fair Play Policy' page has been up for ages, isn't that enough? Or if not, isn't there a more subtle and/or (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Gold (Re: My collection of colours)

Added gold (#15): (URL) Completely unrelated, here's a preview of what I'm working on: (URL) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.color)

  Re: What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

I was an adult (39). I had been brought out by Dark Ages by Lego Mindstorms, but rapidly discovered I needed more Technics parts. So I went out and bought some 1257 {Trike Buggy} and some 1259 {Bike Blaster}. Kerry (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Well, in the LEGO motherlanguage, Danish, we don't say neither LEGOs nor LEGOer. The normal way in Danish of referring to LEGO in plural is indeed "LEGO klodser", meaning "LEGO bricks". But if you think of the word LEGO as a Latin word instead (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  4 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01

(2 URLs) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: And I had to laugh!

(...) Well stated Eric, For me "LEGOS" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I always find myself correcting folks (politely), by telling them that they are "moiderin' the King's English". Same thing when people use "monies" incorrectly. Gary Istok (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What was the first set you bought for parts, and how old were you?

(...) For me it was as an adult. Circa 1980 (I was 27), and it was the London Bus Set #760 (#384 in Canada, Britain, Australia and continental Europe). This set was first produced in 1975 in USA (1974 elsewhere). I found them on clearance at a "J. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact