 General / 51706
51705  |  51707
Subject:
What Lego sets use Jigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:09:54 GMT

I recently finished building the Death Star II set.  In the set is a very simple
jig is used to align the panels of the big dish.  It consists of four green 2x2
plates that are attached around the edge of the dish.  These provide spacing
above a flat surface to help create the correct angle for the dish.  Once the
dish shape is produced these parts are removed and are not part of the completed
model.

What other Lego sets use jigs, and how are they used?

I would define a Lego jig as a part or parts that are added to a model during
construction, but removed before the model is complete.

Derek