 General / 51514
    How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Joe Strout
   The pop-up tip says that you can rotate the selected part by using the arrow keys. But the arrow keys don't do a darn thing for me. Has anyone else managed to rotate a part in LDD? Is this just a bug with the new Mac version, perhaps? Thanks, Joe (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Eric Sophie
   (...) I don't know about MAC, but in LDD for PC (I assume is the same principle) once the part is selected, meaning you click with the arrow from the parts pallet, and when the part is shaded then you can rotate the part with the arrow keys. Be sure (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Joe Strout
   (...) Oh! That's the problem. You have to do this while the part is still clinging to the mouse cursor. This whole clinging-part mode is alien to us Mac users — modes in general are considered evil here, and I keep trying to grab a piece and drag it (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Eric Sophie
     (...) Glad to know I helped. Your very welcome. e (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

         Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) At Joe's suggestion, I've captured this tip (and another one Joe contributed) in the new BrickWiki article (URL) usage notes) You are all invited to share further tips there if you like! (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Christopher Masi
   (...) Thanks for the answer Eric and thanks for asking the question Joe. However, I am going to be a bit annoying here (no surprise really). This clinging-part thing is a bad metaphor because the "page up" and "page down" keys don't work on the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Joe Strout
   (...) Well, there's no reason they couldn't have it both ways; add keys to move the pieces in X and Z after it's placed (in addition to the existing Y movement), and also to rotate it. Then you could move/rotate the piece while it's clinging to the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)? —Christopher Masi
   (...) Oh yeah, have it work both ways would be fine with me too, and it wouldn't confuse people who got use to the way it is now. Chris (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)