 General / 51525
Re: How to rotate a part in LDD (Mac)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:44:36 GMT

Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:

I don't know about Mac, but in LDD for PC (I assume is the same principle)
once the part is selected, meaning you click with the arrow from the parts
pallet, and when the part is shaded then you can rotate the part with the
arrow keys.

Be sure you have the part selected and it is shaded while the arrow (cursor)
is holding the part. Don't place it, rotate while it is selected.

Oh!  That's the problem.  You have to do this while the part is still clinging
to the mouse cursor.

This whole clinging-part mode is alien to us Mac users — modes in general are
considered evil here, and I keep trying to grab a piece and drag it with the
mouse (which doesn't work — it drags, but then keeps clinging even after I let
go of the button).  So it never occurred to me to click it to pick it up, THEN
try the arrow keys, and then click again to put it down.

But, thanks to your help, I now know what to do (and I'll certainly get used to
the clingy parts).  Thanks!

– Joe

Thanks for the answer Eric and thanks for asking the question Joe.
However, I am going to be a bit annoying here (no surprise really). This
clinging-part thing is a bad metaphor because the "page up" and "page
down" keys don't work on the clinging part; they only work on a placed
part. Really, LDD should choose a metaphor and stick with it. Either
move the placed part or the clinging part, but don't switch from rule to
rule depending on how the part is to be moved.

I think I'll voyage over to LEGOFan and make a few observations :)

Chris

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease