 General / 51474
Re: When will the Vikings raid the US?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:56:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Douglas Brod wrote:
   In lugnet.dear-lego, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   I’ve been away on vacation for a couple weeks and a little out of the loop. Does anyone know if/when the Viking line will be available in the US?

I searched for info on Lugnet but didn’t find much. The Brickfest 2005 keynote speech mentions the line being a Toys R Us exclusive, but no mention of when we can expect these sets in stores or on the Toys R Us / Amazon website.

I thought there was also the idea that the Viking line *would* be available to US customers via LEGO’s website, but sadly this does not seem to be the case. Are they available through the catalog maybe? Thanks for any help.

-Brendan

Brendan,

As others have mentioned, the Vikings will be a TRU exclusive in October.

Someone from Lego (I’m pretty sure it was Jake) said, during his presentation, that the Vikings would be available from S@H “by the end of the year”. So I guess they’re letting TRU get a head-start.

Doug

I’ve also heard they will be showing up at the LEGO brand stores, hopefully before Christmas.

I think the Vikings sets look just great, I can’t wait to buy a bunch of them!

JohnG, GMLTC