 General / 51277 (-20)
  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) Thank you for the reply Lenny. This is a good message on the topic! (...) Hey that's fine! So now we are at least two guys with the same feeling about this. I hope there are some more out there. (...) We all have to work on LUGNet to make it (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) Well, I spent and spend most my time in .build.mecha and .space. I care for the MOC and the LEGO related stuff. As I was tought by my parents I try to treat everybody the way I'd like to be treated. I have a rule I keep in mind: Listen - think (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) -snip- (...) Hey Marco, I am sorry for confusion - I was being a bit coy and cynical. I really doubt that Lugnet will be turned off - Suz has a plan for getting Lugnet to a better position and I have confidence that her plan will work. I too (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNet shut off

(...) snipped (...) I have been a card carrying member of Lugnet (so much for "lifetime" membership lol) since 2000 and I would have agreed to your last sentence there wholeheartedly a while ago. But not anymore. There was a time when Lugnet was the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  LUGNet shut off

Hello all, I read in (URL) this message> by Lenny Hoffman that LUGNet is dying the next two month. I was shocked and did some research. So I found this (URL) thread> he's refering to IMO. I read all the messages in the thread and some of the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: First Year for Minifigs is 1978

Hey, My research for (URL) this article> largely consisted in going through catalogs that used to be in the Brickshelf library, and I found no appearance of the poseable minifig before 1978 (across several countries). The first appearance of the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: First Year for Minifigs is 1978

(...) 'minifig stiffs'? That seems so derogatory. can't you use 'old-style minifigs', or anything else? I also note that you use 'big-head people' instead of 'maxi-fig' again this seems derogatory, but I am just ranting. dave (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  smallest lego catalog

I just scanned what I think is the smallest lego catalog See it at: (URL) is 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 inches It shows 1:87 cars 650-657, 258-268, it also shows 231, 232, 235, 236, 270 Interestingly, I think the 651/652 labels and the 653/654 labels are (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How should Lego items be dated?

(...) On a followup note, I do use the catalog year for new items in my Lego CD, but for when Lego came to a certain country, I use the actual year. For example, Lego may have come to the USA in the autumn of 1961 (1962 catalog) but I still would (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  How should Lego items be dated?

Eric Strand and I had this discussion a few weeks ago, and today Allan Bedford reminded me of this discussion. How should Lego items be dated? As we all know the Lego year goes from autumn to the next autumn, based on the Lego catalog of the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  First Year for Minifigs is 1978

Allan Bedford just asked me what the first year for minifigs was. According to Lugnet/Peeron/Bricklink they say 1977. But that may not be correct... Some of the sets that show the 1977 minifigs are USA sets #588 (Police Station), #575 (Coast Guard (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest Event Graphic has been selected and as such you can now see what the event T-shirt will look like. This logo will also be on various other BrickFest items. We received 6 entries for the BrickFest Graphic. I’d like to thank Michael (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

(...) snip (...) You want X to verify orders from Y, Z, Y', Z', et al for a $1 handling fee ? What exactly do you mean by 'verify' ? Are you expecting X to open all the bags and recount the parts to see if the proper quantites are present ? For a $1 (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-Brick inventory

(...) Maarten, Thanks for the info. If anyone out there lives close to a store/Legoland with Pick-a-Brick I am interested in buying some parts that aren't available in Bricklink in quantity. Previously I've had to buy direct from Lego Shop@Home but (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inv, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, FTX)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

(...) Here is a solution that doesn't put any strain on Bricklink. 1. Bricklink adds a field for sellers who will amalgamate/consolidate their items with parts from other sellers, before shipping an order to a customer. Perhaps the sellers would (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Pick-a-Brick inventory

Hi all, We just got back from Germany where we mainly visited LegoLand Günzburg (with our seasonpasses). Last year I made an inventory of the Pick-a-Brick section in Billund, now I did the same in the "Fabrik". You can download the Word-document (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inv, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, FTX)

  Re: AoJT3: Johnny Thunder and the King of the Gypsies (Finally Completed!)

Well gang, five months to the day after I first started posting, here is the end. One-hundred scenes long... I hope it was worth the effort. So for all you faithful readers, here you go: (URL) whole gypsy-rotic story (when moderated of course): (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego and other brand trademarks

(...) The current line of Ferarri sets has a holographic sticker attached to each box with Ferarri Officially Licensed Product or some such text. Along with that is a serial number. I do not know of any other LEGO products with a serial number of (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bricklink frustration

There is another solution that could help you. A system connected buyers who will order your item from the seller in their home country and then ship to you. Id like this because many sellers in foreign countries want cash, bank transfers, etc in (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  BrickFest is less then one month away!

BrickFest 2005 Washington, DC AUGUST 12-14 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! 30 days from today, Pre-Registration ends July 27th. (URL) Build LEGO moments with new acquaintances, meet community members from all over the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact