 General / 5126
Re: strange idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 07:30:04 GMT

Near Legoland California is a fine idea. Fall or Winter (Winter exists
in CA???) would be the best time, IMO. I don't know how pricy the
Carlsbad is, but if we went for something like a Red Lion, we could rent
out a conference room or two for a weekend. Rather than having a
sci-fi-con-like registration process, maybe someone could organize an
rsvp list and someone else could play treasurer for the hotel cost fund.
Should be easy, really. And any leftover cash can be considered
donations to Lugnet. If someone can test the water with a pre-rsvp list
of people interested in this idea, we'll have some numbers to give to a
hotel. A couple hundred people or so willing to stay at a hotel for a
weekend can't look bad.

So I vote for early next year in some place like a Red Lion near LLC.

Thoughts?

Ectal

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

I'd have to say:

Carlsbad, the biggest hotel nearest to LLC, and very early or very late in
their season.  NOT in the middle of the summer ;-)

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Ectal Greenhaw writes:
How about a Lugnet Convention?

You're on.  Let's do it.  :)

Pick a city, pick a hotel, pick a time of year.  :)

--Todd

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/