 General / 5324
Re: strange idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:18:32 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

ectal wrote:

How about a Lugnet Convention?

Back to the original idea.............

San Diego (Legoland Carlsbad) sounds like a great cold weather gathering
place.
Or something more central.... like Chicago?  (Only 5 hours by auto for
me, but I can load up the car with LEGO stuff that way).

Later this summer or early fall many of the Michigan folks are gonna do
a Michigan Legofest, and I was planning on some fun seminar type stuff
on LEGO history covering the following topics:
1) 1956-72 - the Early Years of LEGO and the Town Plan.
2) 1961-72 - the Samsonite Era.
3) Cellulose Acetate versus ABS Plastic.
4) Service Packs - the Golden Years versus today.
5) The 1970's - the decade of transition and the beginnings of the
minifig.
6) Castle and Space - from the early years to Ninja and Starwars.

These might even make for great discussions at a national Legofest, if
we ever had one.

Cool Gary!  Will non-Michigonians willing to drive be invited?  Will it
be down near Motor City?  How about a workshop on architectural
rendering/simulation with LEGO elements?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA