 General / 51016
Re: Musings on an open-source Brickshelf replacement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:50:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Meno wrote:

   LEGOFan has actually been thinking about a tagging resource that very much resembles what you have described in #2 and would be happy to host a central index.

OK, that’s interesting. But does it really alleviate the concern, or just shift it to somebody new? I.e., who’s running LEGOFan, and how do we know they won’t lose interest/fall into a well/join the dark side/etc. years from now, or even next Thursday?

I notice that you have a .org domain, rather than .com, which is encouraging -- if it’s a community effort, rather than one trying to make a profit, it seems like it’d be easier to bring in help when the original developer(s) lose interest.

Best,
Joe